Steps to Edit Course Information, Cover Image, Add or Remove Content, Edit Course Structure in MindScroll Learning Management System:
To access the courses, Login as Administrator.
Click on Courses and then click on 'Manage'.
This shows all the courses in the right panel.
To Edit a particular course, find the course and click on 'Edit' icon on the course card.
Tip: Use the search box on top bar to search for Title or Description of a particular course.
EDIT COURSE INFORMATION
On the Edit Page, Edit course details like Title, Short Description, Description.
EDIT COURSE CERTIFICATION
- You can remove the 'Allow Certification' checkbox anytime. Note: By doing this user will stop getting the 'Certificates' option, they won't be able to download the certificates.
- You can change the 'Certification Format' anytime. Note: By doing this user will start getting their certificate in the new format.
- You can change the 'Certification Criteria' anytime. In order to change this go to 'Change Criteria' and re-adjusted the weight-age of the assets.
Note: By doing this you will be changing the score calculation structure for the course.
EDIT ADDITIONAL FIELDS
- You change the 'Course Reminder' to change the notify time period.
- You change the 'Featured' checkbox anytime, by doing this featured tab will be removed from the user view.
Note: To check this you need to go the navigation drop-down ~ 'My Course' landing page.
EDIT COURSE COVER IMAGE
Use the Cover Image option to Edit a Course Cover Image.
To View a course cover image, Click on 'View' button against the Cover Image option.
To Delete a course cover image, Click on 'Delete' button against the Cover Image option and Confirm your action.
To upload a new course cover image, Click on 'Upload' button against the Cover Image option.
Select a new Image by clicking on 'Choose File' button in the modal. Select the Image area and click on 'Save'.
ADD EXTRA SECTION
To add an extra section in the course, Click on the Check box and Enter Section Name.
Note: The extra section appears as a separate tab in Course view. You can add content to the extra section by following steps given in 'Edit Content' section.
EDIT COURSE STRUCTURE - SECTION AND SUB SECTION
To edit content of the course, click on 'Add Content' button on the top.
Note: To go to 'Add Content' section, you can also click on 'Next' button provided at the bottom right of the screen.
This opens the course structure with Sections, Sub-sections and course content.
To view the course structure and content, Click on 'View' button provided against the course Title.
To add a new section, Click on 'Add Section'.
To Edit a section Name, Click on 'Edit' icon against the section name, Enter the new section 'Name' and click on 'Save'.
To Delete a section, Click on 'Delete' icon against the section name. Confirm your action by clicking on 'Yes' in the Confirm modal.
Follow the same steps as given above to Add/ Delete/ Edit a Sub section.
- To add a new sub section within a section, Click on 'Add Sub Section'.
To Edit a sub section Name, Click on 'Edit' icon against the sub section name, Enter the new sub section 'Name' and click on 'Save'.
To Delete a sub section, Click on 'Delete' icon against the sub section name.
Note: When a section or a sub section is deleted, all its contents are also deleted from the course.
To add content within a section/ sub- section, Click on 'Add Content' in the relevant section/ Sub-Section. This opens the content library in a new pop up.
Search for the required Content (Asset) by performing following:
- Search by title of the asset using the 'Search' box provided on top.
- Sort on Title to see content assets alphabetically.
- Sort of Last Updated time to search for recently added or updated assets.
- View assets before adding by clicking on ‘view’
- To narrow the search, Filter results by asset type while searching for specific asset type.
Select the required content asset and Click on 'Add' to add the content in the course. The content gets added to the relevant section/ sub section.
To add multiple items quickly, click on the ‘Bulk Mode’ check box. This enables adding multiple content assets without closing the pop up window.
Once all the assets are added in the sections and sub-sections. You can perform following actions.
- To re-arrange assets, click on 'up', 'down' icons against the asset name to move the asset up and down respectively.
- To Edit Asset name, click on 'Edit' icon against the asset name, Enter the new asset 'Name' and click on 'Save'.
- To Remove an asset, Click on 'Delete' icon against the asset name.
To Change Asset Settings, Click on 'Settings' button against the Asset Name.
- Switch Asset visibility by Clicking on the 'Visible' on/off switch. Note: If 'visibility' is turned off, the asset will not show up in the Course View.
- Set Asset Validity by setting the 'From' and 'To' date in the Validity Field. Note: In case of conflict with course validity, the course validity takes precedence over asset validity.
- Define Asset Pre-requisite by selecting a value from the 'Pre-requisite' dropdown.
- None - The asset is always visible
- Just Above - The asset is locked till the previous asset is completed.
- Locked - The asset is always locked.
- Allow Discussion on the asset by Checking the 'Discussion' checkbox. Note: For discussions to work, the discussion module needs to be configured. Please contact support to know the status of Discussion module in your instance.
- Allow users to download the asset by checking the 'Download' checkbox. Note: This is applicable only on documents.
Once all the changes are done, Click on 'Next' to save the changes.