To create a course, Login as Administrator, Click on Courses and then click on 'New'.
On the Create Course Page, Enter course details like Title, Short Description, Description.
Note: Only 'title' is important to create the course and you can also update the 'short description' and 'description' later.
Click on the 'Create' button in the Bottom-Right-Conner.
After creating the course, you can now set the other like certification, course cover image, validity of the course.
- Click on 'Allow Certificate'
- Select the 'Certificate Format'
- Click on the 'Certificate criteria' and you will be directed to another page. Where you need to set the weight-age of the assets like 'Test Paper' or 'SCROM Package'
- Click on 'Save' to save the weight-age.
- Now Click on the 'Back' to get to the 'Course Page'.
- You need to select a certificate format, in order to present the certificate to the user.
- Certification Criteria will be blank if the course content doesn't have the 'Test Paper' or 'SCROM Package'
- Total weight-age will be 100 in every case, as you can set the weight-age of the assets separately.
Lets look into the 'Additional Fields'
'Course Reminder' is used to notify the user through E-mail or SMS. The user will be notified till the end of validity like if course validity is getting over in 7 days and you have put a value of 3 days then user will be notified everyday starting from the day reminder till the end of validity.
Note: In order to work this, Email and SMS must be configured into the portal.
'Featured' is used to highlight the course in the user side view.
Note: To check this you need to go the navigation drop-down ~ 'My Course' landing page.
'Instructor' - You will get the list of instructors and by selecting one from the list, you are allocating the course to that user and this is only to give an idea to the admin i.e under who's supervision this course is been made.
ADD COURSE COVER IMAGE
Use the Cover Image option - 'Upload' to Add a Course Cover Image.
To upload a new course cover image, Click on 'Upload' button against the Cover Image option.
Select a new Image by clicking on 'Choose File' button in the modal. Select the Image area and click on 'Save'.
To View a course cover image, Click on 'View' button against the Cover Image option.
To Delete a course cover image, Click on 'Delete' button against the Cover Image option and Confirm your action.
Note: You can only set one kind of validity in the course either the 'No of days from the enrollment' or particular date period 'Validity'.
'No of days from the day of enrollment' means you have 2 users i.e one is A and second is B. so A user is enrolled today and B user is enrolled after 2 days from A.
You have put a value of 7 days in the days validity. so the A user will not able to access the course like today date + 7 days and B user will not able to access the course like today + 2 days + 7 days.
Particular date period - 'Validity' means that course will only be active for only fixed period like 10 May 2019 to 10 May 2020.
ADD EXTRA SECTION
To add an extra section in the course, Click on the Check box and Enter Section Name.
Note: The extra section appears as a separate tab in Course view. You can add content to the extra section by following steps given in 'Edit Content' section.
ADD COURSE STRUCTURE - SECTION AND SUB SECTION
To add content of the course, click on 'Add Content' button on the top.
Note: To go to 'Add Content' section, you can also click on 'Next' button provided at the bottom right of the screen.
This opens the Content Editor where you can create course structure with Sections, Sub-sections and add course content in the course.
To add a new section, Click on 'Add Section'. Edit section Name by clicking on 'Edit' icon against the section name, Enter the new section 'Name' and click on 'Save'.
To Delete a section, Click on 'Delete' icon against the section name. Confirm your action by clicking on 'Yes' in the Confirm modal.
To add a sub section within a section, Click on 'Add Sub Section'.
Follow the same steps as given above to Edit Sub Section name or delete a Sub section.
- To Edit a sub section Name, Click on 'Edit' icon against the sub section name, Enter the new sub section 'Name' and click on 'Save'.
To Delete a sub section, Click on 'Delete' icon against the sub section name.
Note: When a section or a sub section is deleted, all its contents are also deleted from the course.
To add content within a section/ sub- section, Click on 'Add Content' in the relevant section/ Sub-Section. This opens the content library in a new pop up.
Search for the required Content (Asset) by performing following:
- Search by title of the asset using the 'Search' box provided on top.
- Sort on Title to see content assets alphabetically.
- Sort of Last Updated time to search for recently added or updated assets.
- View assets before adding by clicking on ‘view’
- To narrow the search, Filter results by asset type while searching for specific asset type.
Select the required content asset and Click on 'Add' to add the content in the course. The content gets added to the relevant section/ sub section.
To add multiple items quickly, click on the ‘Bulk Mode’ check box. This enables adding multiple content assets without closing the pop up window.
Once all the assets are added in the sections and sub-sections. You can perform following actions.
- To re-arrange assets, click on 'up', 'down' icons against the asset name to move the asset up and down respectively.
- To Edit Asset name, click on 'Edit' icon against the asset name, Enter the new asset 'Name' and click on 'Save'.
- To Remove an asset, Click on 'Delete' icon against the asset name.
To Change Asset Settings, Click on 'Settings' button against the Asset Name.
- Switch Asset visibility by Clicking on the 'Visible' on/off switch. Note: If 'visibility' is turned off, the asset will not show up in the Course View.
- Set Asset Validity by setting the 'From' and 'To' date in the Validity Field. Note: In case of conflict with course validity, the course validity takes precedence over asset validity.
- Define Asset Pre-requisite by selecting a value from the 'Pre-requisite' dropdown.
- None - The asset is always visible
- Just Above - The asset is locked till the previous asset is completed.
- Locked - The asset is always locked.
- Allow Discussion on the asset by Checking the 'Discussion' checkbox. Note: For discussions to work, the discussion module needs to be configured. Please contact support to know the status of Discussion module in your instance.
- Allow users to download the asset by checking the 'Download' checkbox. Note: This is applicable only on documents.
Once all the changes are done, Click on 'Next' to save the changes.
To view the course structure and content, Click on 'View' button provided against the course Title.